Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
I am a PhD student at IISc Bangalore. My research interests include Natural language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML). I am affiliated to Machine And Language Learning Lab (MALL) at IISc. We are interested in automated knowledge base construction and completion. Apart from research, I enjoy playing Table Tennis in my spare time.
Google Scholar Profile
- Xerox Research Centre India, Bangalore, Oct 2013 - July 2015, Research Engineer
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, July 2011 - July 2013, Teaching Assistant
- Morgan Stanley, Mumbai, Jan 2010 - July 2011, Senior Associate
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Sept 2017 - April 2018, Advisor: Prof. Tom Mitchell
- Our work has been accepted at 6th Workshop on Automated Knowledge Base Construction (AKBC), NIPS 2017
- Visiting Carnegie Mellon University as a research intern to work with Prof. Tom Mitchell [link].
- Attended Google NLP summit organised in Zurich.
- Our work 'CANDiS: Coupled & Attention-Driven Neural Distant Supervision' has been accepted at the WiNLP workshop at ACL 2017 [link],[Paper].
- Attended Mysore Park Workshop on Vision, Language and AI [link].
- I received a Best Poster Presentation Award at Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC), India 2016 GHCI , news item.
- I am organising a hands on workshop on Predictive Analytics in GHC India link and python notebook content, other resources, video link.
- CMU & NAACL 2016 conference visit blog
- Nicole Rafidi*, Dan Schwartz*, Mariya Toneva*, Sharmistha Jat, Tom Mitchell, MEG Representational Similarity Analysis Implicates Hierarchical Integration in Sentence Processing, Accepted at Human Brain Mapping (oHBM), Singapore, 2018 [Poster Book Link]
- Sharmistha Jat*, Siddhesh Khandelwal*, Partha Talukdar, Relation Extraction using Word Based Attention, Accepted at AKBC workshop at NIPS 2017, Long Beach, USA, 2017 [PaperLink] [Poster] [Code]
- Tushar Nagarajan, Sharmistha Jat, Partha Talukdar, CANDiS: Coupled & Attention-Driven Neural Distant Supervision, Accepted at WiNLP workshop at ACL 2017, Vancouver, Canada, 2017 [PaperLink]
- Lavanya Sita Tekumalla, Sharmistha Jat, IISCNLP at SemEval-2016 Task 2: Interpretable STS with ILP based Multiple Chunk Aligner, Accepted at NAACL 2016 workshop on Semantic Textual Similarity (SemEval), San Diego, 2016 [PaperLink] [code]
- Himanshu Sharad Bhatt, Sandipan Dandapat, Peddamuthu Balaji, Shourya Roy, Sharmistha Jat and Deepali Semwal, SODA:Service Oriented Domain Adaptation Architecture for Microblog Categorization , Accepted at NAACL 2016, San Diego, 2016 [PaperLink]
- Anuj Mahajan, Sharmistha, Shourya Roy, Feature Selection for Short Text Classification using Wavelet Packet Transform , Proceedings of the 19th Conference on Computational Natural Language Learning, CoNLL 2015, Beijing, China, July 30-31, 2015,ISBN - [978-1-941643-77-8], ,321-326 [PaperLink]
- Sharmistha, Madhur Amilkanthwar, Shankar Balachandran, Augmentation of Programs with CUDA Streams , 10th IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications, ISPA 2012, Leganes, Madrid, Spain, July 10-13, 2012, ISBN - [978-1-4673-1631-6], 855-856 [PaperLink]
- Narayanan U. Edakunni, Sharmistha Jat, Diagnostic tool to measure sensitivity of service quality of a transit network on weather conditions, 2014, United States Patent Application 20140198US01
- Sharmistha Jat, Koyel Mukherjee, Narayanan U. Edakunni, Pallavi Manohar, Demand Responsive Cab Re-routing, 2014, United States Patent Application 20140776US01
- Koyel Mukherjee, Ankit Kumar, Pallavi Manohar, Narayanan U. Edakunni, Sharmistha Jat, Static and Dynamic Routing and Scheduling of Shared Transport, 2014, United States Patent Application 20141356US01
- Sharmistha Jat, Anuj Mahajan, Shourya Roy, Method and System for Predicting Requirements of a User for Resources Over a Computer Network, 2014, United States Patent Application 20140842US01
sharmistha, dot, jat, at, gmail, dot, com
* : Equal Contribution
Google Scholar Profile
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by orderedlist